Thursday, February 20, 2014

IP Address Management

I have to admit I'm pretty spoiled when it comes to IPAM. In my previous role I was working with Bluecat Address Manager and loved it. Probably the best purchase order we ever issued :)

For my lab setup I didn't want to drop $30k so I set out looking for a free and open source IPAM tool. My former tool of choice was IPPlan. This hasn't been updated in several years though and IPv6 support is pretty basic.

So over the last few days I have been testing PHPIpam and I have to say I'm very impressed. Not only does it have a really "sexy" web interface but functionally it is very, very closed to what I'm used to from Bluecat.

There is an online demo available here.
http://demo.phpipam.net/login/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Windows 2012 Includes IPAM as well. Might be worth a look.

Anonymous said...

It depends of what you want to do...
But NIPAP is a nice IP management tools too.
http://spritelink.github.io/NIPAP/screenshots.html

Anonymous said...

Most of the time XLS is enough ;)

Torsten F. said...

Netdot. the master of visual!